Friday, July 18, 2008



So it seems that I am a "nature hater" whatever that is. Thursday morning a bird slammed into the living room window. I thought it had just been stunned and flown away. Oh no... we got the bird who flies into windows and breaks a leg. The boys attended to the chirping bird all day. Every time anyone went out the door the dang thing started squawking. I told the boys, "Do you know what it is saying? It's saying put me out of my misery." This made me the bad mom. I explained the circle of life, even offering to watch the Lion King with them. No go. They gave it water and apricots to eat. Friday morning I walked outside to set the water, "squaaaaawwwkkkk" as soon as I step out the door. This bird is a survivor! I took Hayden to the dentist and when we came back, the Johnson's cat was carrying away the bird. The circle of life. What can I tell ya!

No comments: