Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pine Wood Derby - Construction






I am so proud of Zach this morning. He had the best time racing his car last night. He really enjoyed every moment. From start to finish Zach took care of his car. He did a great job. Grandpa Crump is an expert in creating the best PWD car so I took Zach to Idaho to get his help. Yes, Brian could have done this but growing up neither Brian or I had any experiences with our Grandpas. We really felt like this was important. Watch out Grandpa Andrew - your turn is next! I thought we could cut the car out with a coping saw, yeah I thought wrong. First, I am right handed and Zach is left handed. I would get the cut started and turn it over to him. It just didn't work. Thanks to Aunt Amanda who had a scroll saw & and extra PWD block and could follow Zach's pencil marks exactly. She also salvaged the original car and Logan adopted it as his. After Amanda's we went to WalMart and the boys selected their paint colors. We went to Grandma's store and both boys sanded and sanded their cars. They both did a great job. Grandpa Crump and Zach worked on the wheels, the axles and drilled new axle holes Thursday night. Thanks so much for everyone's help. It turned out really great.

No comments: