Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pumpkin Patch











Today was the first day of fall break. The boys did their jobs this morning and kind of hung out until we left for Farmington. We met Mary, Claire, Nikolas, & Jake and went to the pumpkin patch. We had carts that we could push around to carry our pumpkins. Zac and Hayden had their own carts and they were loaded with huge pumpkins. How much could pumpkins cost? We pulled the carts up to the scales to be weighed --- 164 pounds! Holy Moly! At 25 cents a pound I was quickly figuring out how much it would be in my head -- over $40. I looked at my boys and said, "Boys, I have a $20 budget. Pick your favorite pumpkin." I was very proud of them. They quickly picked the one they wanted and even put the others back in the field AND parked the cart. We ended up spending $15. Nice. That's something I can live with. Mary and I let the kids play in the little maze. They had a blast playing tag with each other.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Bailee is so freakin' cute!!! I LOVE her flower! I just want to squeeze her little cheecks.... LOVE her! :)