Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hayden's Prize






We went to the Kane County Fair & Rodeo while we were in Orderville. At the Rodeo they had all the kids 7 and under go into the arena and chase chickens. If you caught one - it was yours!

I wasn't worried - Hayden isn't too fast (I'm not being mean, I know because I'm the mom) and Logan was chasing one poor chicken with fifteen other kids. I saw Hayden running toward the chutes and not wanting to lose him I headed over. As I got closer and guy was helping him with something - I thought "Oh great - he got hurt." Funny I couldn't hear him crying. The man helping him moved and low and behold --- Hayden's holding a huge red chicken. Look at the smile on his face. Priceless. He had this smile the entire night as he sat and held his chicken. We took it back to the trailer and then headed up to see Uncle Dellas. Surely he would have a box or something to contain such a fine prize.

When Uncle Dellas saw it he was quite excited. We hadn't caught a chicken but a fine Rhode Island Red ROOSTER! A rooster was not going home with me - Uncle Dellas said he'd been looking for just such a rooster. He and Hayden struck a deal. Uncle Dellas came out one rooster richer, Hayden came out two bucks richer and I came out with one thing less that poops at my house. Glory be!

No comments: