Friday, May 29, 2009

The Good News

So the good news is the carpet is almost dry. The bad news is I had to sleep in the guest room last night. We had a small flood last night in our new bedroom. Yes, water was spurting out of the nail holes in the paneling and the window well was a miniature aquarium. We -- myself, Brian and Zach -- sucked water up for almost 2 hours and then put the fans on it. This morning I rented two huge carpet fans and put them on. It really is amazing that some parts are almost dry. I just hope that as the week goes on, the new paint doesn't start peeling from the walls. What are the chances? I'm hoping 0%! I am really wanting to sleep in my bed tonight!


So, you want to know where the water came from? I will leave names out to protect the innocent. A certain individual wanted to run through the sprinkler yesterday afternoon. Another individual unhooked one section of the hose - from the secondary system- and hooked it up to the culinary so the kids could get wet. Another individual was asked to water the lawn and turned on the sprinklers -- hooked to the secondary-- but didn't realize that one of the hoses was left without a sprinkler out back next to the window well. We are just lucky that it was noticed fairly quickly and really, it could have been so much worse. I guess we have a lot of lessons to learn and we just keep standing in the "Lessons Needed" line.

1 comment:

larifunk said...

Where was the water from?